Saturday, February 4, 2012

Saturday Morning Post

Well, it's morning somewhere, right?

I don't want to be a hit-or-miss blogger, so I'm doing my best to post at least a little something each day. Saturday and Sunday are definitely going to be on the lighter side, but, hopefully, still give you something to think about. To that end, here are the posts, reports and books I'm into this week.

Posts

Paleo Friendly Super Bowl Treats from Wellness Meats: I've not ordered anything from this purveyor of grassfed, organic meats, but they are touted all over the primal universe. After reviewing this post, I'm a bit more tempted to try them.

Almost Instant Cherry Frozen Yogurt: Carol Kicinski always has some amazing recipes. More often than not, they don't jive with the food choices I'm making beyond gluten-free. She's not into primal or sugar-free on a regular basis. However, I keep her in my rotation of favorite blogs because when she does fit my bill, it's usually with something outstanding. This frozen yogurt looks right up my alley. I can't have it now on the ACD, but it will top of my list to try this summer.

Meal Planning from Simply Sugar and Gluten Free: If I am managing to get you to take even the smallest second look at your pantry and what you have in it, this is post to check out. Amy has done an outstanding job of compiling a doable plan to makeover your kitchen staples. Trust me, this post will save you tons of aggravation and some money.

Texas Caviar from Simply Recipes: My buddy Bill forwarded this as a fantastic idea for a healthy Super Bowl snack. Note that this recipe proves you don't have to stick with just the 'Granola' sites to find good healthy recipes. I plan to make this and serve in lettuce wraps. Yum!

Reports

Should Sugar Be Regulated? from Time Magazine: Add sugar to the taboo topic list with religion and politics.

High-Fructose Corn Syrup May Be Worse Than Sugar from the Huffington Post: If your only take away from blog is committing to excluding HFCS, I'll feel pretty good about all the time I've invested. I'd like you to commit to more, but HFCS is so diabolically bad and unnatural, it should never cross your lips.

Books

Sink Reflections by Marla Cilley: I just ordered this on my Nook and plan to read over the next week. If I'm going to keep this blog up, I'm going to have to get better organized.

The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins: Oh, yeah, I'm going there. I totally own that I love me some teen fiction and this may be the only series that can give Harry Potter a run for first place in my mind. I'm reading the series for the second time in anticipation of the movie next month. Do yourself a favor and check out Winter's Bone on Netflix Instant. It's practically Jennifer Lawrence's full length feature audition for The Hunger Games. I cannot wait to see this chick nail this role.

How We Decide by Jonah Lehrer: I read this over the summer and highly recommend it to anyone. If you have any doubts about the impact medications or food can have on our lives, read this book. It isn't even about food, but it will make you reconsider how sound the decisions you make are if your body is working optimally.

One Week Check In

I've been doing the Arbonne 30 Day Fit Kit plan for one week. Following is where I stand. Drum roll, please:

  • 3 pounds lost
  • Dropped 2.2% points body fat measurement (I use my scales reading which isn't accurate, but I use it as indicator that I'm at least moving in the right direction)
  • Energy way up
  • Tongue still has some film but half what it was last week.
  • Skin is clearing.
All in all, I'm digging this kit.

Have a SUPER weekend and take care-

Melie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

 

PracticallyHealthy.net | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012