Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Case of the Sundays - May 6, 2012

Doing her best Mona Lisa smile.
(I promise she really did have a good time.)
Cupcakes were from a King Arthur Mix.
I'll be doing a post on them in the future.


Check out that happy camper. She had a great birthday party this weekend. Six sweet little girls joined us for the night to celebrate my youngest's 8th birthday. I was so impressed with all of them. There was no drama or mischief. They were all perfect young ladies. I might also add that not one noticed that everything they ate from the pizza for dinner, ice cream and cupcakes for dessert and pancakes for breakfast was gluten free and dairy free. I admit I thought about going conventional and fixing something special for my girls, but I decided that guests should only be served our best. To prepare my girls something different would send the wrong message to both them and their friends. I'm so glad I did as it also affirmed my belief that GF and DF doesn't have to be a sacrifice.

Here's the plan for this week. I think you'll notice a theme:


Monday: Linda's Broccoli Salad & Holly's Asian Salad
Tuesday: Denise's Carrot Salad
Wednesday: Aunt Gloria's Secret Family Recipe
Thursday: Gegon's Asparagus Casserole
Friday: Mom's Breakfast Casserole


In honor of Mother's Day, I thought it only appropriate to share the best of each kitchen managed by one of my many moms. 


One final note, the winner of the Arbonne Vanilla Protein Shake is Jordan who follows me on both Twitter and Facebook. Congrats! I'll do another giveaway in a couple of weeks. Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

 

PracticallyHealthy.net | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012