Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Case of the Sundays

A photo through the trees of our neighborhood woods at sunset last Sunday.
I've taken to shooting pictures while walking our dog Cookie.
Nothing like practicing my photography and relieving the dog all at once.
I woke up this morning thinking it was about time I came clean on how my diet is going.

It's been going great except for one thing. I've stopped food journalling. I know this might not seem like a big deal, but it's huge to me. I have always been averse to the food journal. It shouldn't be a big deal, but for a gal who rarely watches more than one episode of a sitcom, it's a huge commitment. Ironically, the last entry I made was on January 27th and it said in big letters 'One Month of Journalling!'

I justified dropping the journal by posting my meals here on the blog. After a while, though, I just couldn't help thinking that it was a bit boring for readers. Then, the inevitable happened, I stopped keeping track all together and my progress sputtered. Don't get me wrong. I'm still doing well, but I've dipped into the potato chip bag once or twice in the last two weeks and I've taken to doing the shakes once day instead of twice as I should. As a result, I'm at the same weight I was last check which is still three pounds down overall.

Part of my plateau may also be a result of the Arbonne 7-Day Detox program I did this week. The detox consists of seven little bottles of liquid supplement that must be added to a beverage. I use the Arbonne Fizz citrus drinks. Though my weight did not change over the week, my percentage body fat dropped from 32.2% to 30.2%. I started at 34.4%. Do I really think I've dropped that much fat and added that much muscle? No, but the numbers do tell me that there have been some positive changes. I can attest to the fact that detox has removed quite a bit of, shall I say, 'material'. All the toxins being released into my bloodstream also wore me out and made me a bit grouchy. I'm looking forward to the next week and how my body reacts to going off the detox and back to journalling.

Here's the blog plan for the week:

Monday

HFCS, OMG

Tuesday

My Journey Part II. Yeah, I promised this last week, but Valentine's got in the way. I pinky promise it for this week!

Wednesday

Brown Rice Syrup

Thrusday

Revised Recipe: Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies

Friday

Fast Five Friday: Quick Week Night Dinners

Have a great week -Melie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

 

PracticallyHealthy.net | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012