Saturday, February 18, 2012

Saturday Morning Post


Carmel's Coxhall Garden Bell Towers
 from the top of Jill's Hill at West Park.
We spent some time at the park while we waited
for families to get in a bidding war over our house.
I know, but I can dream.
Okay, let's just agree that it's Saturday morning somewhere.

For those who don't know, our house is on the market. The good news for today is that we had five showings between 10AM and 4PM. The bad news is we had FIVE showings between 10 and 4. I have to say that the Sink Reflections book I read last week has really help with keeping the house nice. We haven't had any chaotic mornings trying to clean everything in few hours before someone comes to see our house. That said, it's still a pain. I have fingers and toes crossed we get a good offer by Sunday night.

Enough about me, let's look at what I've liked this week. :-)

Posts

How 1-Minute Intervals Can Improve Your Health: Well Blog from NYT. Further evidence that it really is about the intensity of the workout rather than the length.

Yes, There's Arsenic in Your Rice: NPR's The Salt. I'll be crossing brown rice syrup off my list of sanctioned sweeteners as well now. This report also underscores the importance of diversifying our diet. Eating the same thing everyday can lead to overexposure of any number of contaminants in our modern food supply.

Bulletproof Coffee: The Food Lover's Primal Palate. I'm ordering this stuff today. I mean butter in coffee? That gives me hope that my dream recipe trifecta of bacon, cheese and chocolate could actually be attainable.

Books

The House I Loved by Tatiana de Rosnay. I preordered this a couple of weeks ago on my Nook. Now I'm wondering if it was a subconscious plea to stay in my house.

The Primal Blueprint 21-Day Total Body Transformation by Mark Sisson. I ordered this off Amazon last week for my man. He's been wanting to try the Primal diet, but doesn't have the time to pour through the first book. This presentation of the diet is a bit more direct and user friendly.

Have a great rest of your weekend!

-Melie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

 

PracticallyHealthy.net | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012