Friday, February 17, 2012

Fast Five Friday: Lunch Box Lunches

Filling the lunch box is something I've had to learn to do quickly in just the last few weeks. My youngest has decided to go gluten free and I've been doing my best to be supportive. I have to say the results have been incredible. Even her teacher has noted that her class work has improved and her focus is much better. Though she's always been a happy kid, we've noticed her moods are even better.

Anyway, let's get back to lunch. My criteria for my girl's GF lunch has been to make it simple and make it interesting. In other words, I need to be able to pack it in five minutes or less and it needs to be something different everyday. Here's five lunches I've packed just in the last week.

Lunch 1

  • Turkey slices with bacon - Turkey deli meat wrapped around a half slice of bacon and secured with a toothpick
  • Kettle Chips, Backyard Barbecue
  • Greek yogurt with chocolate
  • grapes
Lunch 2

Lunch 3

  • Ian's Turkey Corn Dog Bites - Not an ideal health choice, but there is far worse. At this point, it's all about getting her GF. I'll worry about non-processed later.
  • banana
  • cheese stick
  • Organic Strawberry Real Fruit Strip
Lunch 4

Lunch 5

If you are just considering or beginning a GF diet, I hope this shows you that gluten free doesn't have to be gourmet or exotic. It's more about being creative and focusing on what you can have rather than what you can't.

I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

-Melie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

 

PracticallyHealthy.net | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012