Saturday, March 17, 2012

Saturday St. Patty Post

Top o' the mornin' to ya! Alright, middle of the afternoon to ya.


That's so not Irish, but it's been a crazy day already and the morning swept passed me way too fast. I don't know about where you are, but here in central Indiana, it's downright gorgeous. Flowers are blooming. Trees are greening. Kids are rolling by the house on their bikes. It's been a tame winter, but spring is still so sweet. I think we might even do a firepit tonight with the neighbors. Hello, outdoors, I've missed you.


Here are the items I've taken noted over the last week or so. Please share any items of interest I miss in the comments.


Luck o' the Irish to ya!


Books

The House I Loved by Tatiana de Rosnay: This is the second book I've read by this gal. Sarah's Key was haunting and thought provoking. The ending was a bit flat for me, but I enjoyed all else. This latest book is also a great read, but I just couldn't get myself to accept what this woman was willing to do for a house. Maybe I've lived in too many places, but I just don't get the extreme devotion to architecture. Otherwise, it was great. I'd recommend it for a solid pool-side read this summer.




Flicks



Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. I promise I watch more than just documentaries about how bad our food supply is, but I just find them SO inspiring, even if I don't agree with everything stated. This one is about a Aussie who does an extended juice fast to treat a chronic condition and improve his overall health. He also recruits some juicers along the way. There a couple of amazing transformations. Not sure I could juice fast that long, but it does show what better eating can do.


Posts
Butterscotch-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies from Diet, Desserts and Dogs


Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies from Healthy Pursuit


Why It's so Important to Keep Moving from Well: More evidence that it's not all about spending hours in a gym. The key is to move often and build from there over time.


Have a great green day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

 

PracticallyHealthy.net | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012